What Are The Leg Strengthening Exercises I Can Do At Home?
Leg strengthening exercises are a must to all the working class that are always on the move to put food on the table. It is necessary that you allot some time to exercise and use the help of indoor exercise machines to keep your legs fit and strong.
There are a ton of leg strengthening exercises you can do in your spare time. Squats and leg presses are some of these workouts that you can conveniently do at home or even in your office. These exercises are not just for your legs but also to aid your body to proper posture and prevent any alignment issues to pester you after some time, like leg cramps or inflammation of your calves and knees.
But why should you really give extra effort just to have a lean and strong legs? Here’s why.
Importance of Leg Strengthening Exercises
As your age increases, the strength in your leg decreases. And leg strengthening exercises can be an essential factor in keeping your knees, ankles, and hips in better shape. Though walking is also a good exercise, it doesn’t build legs’ muscles in your body. Here are some reasons why you should try doing leg strengthening exercises.
- Leg strengthening exercises can help you in losing more calories. This type of strength exercise will not only help you strengthen your legs, but it will help you in being fit.
- Leg strengthening exercises can help you gain strength in areas you missed while doing some cardio exercises. Strength exercises focus on your strengthening your leg muscles in a different range of motion and angles.
- Leg strengthening exercises also trains your body to release testosterone and growth hormones. And these hormones will help you in muscle recovery and building.
- Leg strengthening exercises can also help in improving your performance and your whole quality of life. Strengthening your legs will help you in doing your daily task efficiently. For athletes, leg strengthening exercise will help them in their skills such as running, jumping and other vital skills that need movements.
- Leg strengthening exercises focus on another type of muscle fibre in your body than what cardio does. As cardio only exercises the small portion of muscle fibres and it is not enough to make your legs stronger. At the same time, leg strengthening exercise not only works on the small portion of muscle fibre but the large portion of it. Thus, leg strengthening exercise is more effective for strengthening your legs.
- Leg strengthening exercises help in correcting imbalances in your muscle and aids in injury recovery. In this, the other muscle group that was neglected will be given enough attention, and that will result in having a strong leg. Try some supplements from bestveganproteinpowder.com.au to boost your muscles.
- Leg strengthening exercises also retain the tone and balance on your body.
Leg Strengthening Exercises You Can Try At Home
Before doing any leg strengthening exercises, you should seek first the medical advice of a doctor or physical therapist. It is to prevent from further damaging your legs, and proper treatment will be given you. Here are some leg strengthening exercises that you can try.
Alternating Knee Lifts
Alternating knee lifts help you by toning your quads, hamstrings and glutes whilst increases your heart rate and improves your balance. And it is also an easy type of leg strengthening to do.
Squats are a common type of leg strengthening exercise that aims your thighs, hips and glutes. Beginners may start with chair squats and then proceed into standing squats.
The lunge is a type of strength exercise that works on your hamstrings, quads, glutes and calves. And you can add a variety of positions while doing the lunge.
Calf raises are simple leg strengthening exercise, but useful in toning and balance your leg muscles.
Side Hip Raises
For this leg strengthening exercise, you can use the same chair for calf raises and squats. The training helps you in strengthening your thighs, hips and glutes. And it can also help in keeping your hip joints flexible.
Knee extensions are the type of strength exercise that aims your quadriceps and strengthens your knees. You can do this exercise with or without the ankle weights. If you don’t have ankle weights, you can try a bag of rice on this exercise. You can also try to work on magnetic rowing equipment to build up your leg muscles.
This type of leg strengthening exercise aims the hamstrings in the back of your upper leg. And will make climbing and walking more comfortable for you. You can do this exercise with or without the ankle weights.
Leg extensions are a type of leg strengthening exercise that helps you tone the muscles of your buttocks that helps in supporting your lower back.
This leg strengthening exercise helps you tone your legs. And also it allows you to rest and recover from the workout.
Our legs are undoubtedly essential for us to live and function fully. Leg strengthening exercises give us the best chance of taking care of our limbs and making sure that it has enough strength to endure the grueling stresses of everyday life. Moreover, leg strengthening exercises improve your posture, stability, balance, and prevents your joints from breaking too early. When experiencing leg pains, it is better to consult your GP and then simultaneously supplementing it with leg strengthening exercises to recover faster. Just keep your legs strong and you’ll be a happy man!